Between 1895 and 1960 Maryland's Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital was home to over 80,000 of Maryland’s mentally ill and disturbed individuals. Throughout its troubled history it was known as a dumping ground for patients with severe disorders.

Collingwood became infamous for unusual experimental patient control techniques including shock therapy, lobotomies, and sensory deprivation. By 1930 Collingwood had performed more lobotomies than any other facility in the country.

After it’s closure in 1963 reports of ghostly apparitions and objects moving on their own and sometimes even lunatic laughter were reported.

A series of disappearances and unfortunate accidents are associated with the the building. Today Collingwood is empty and abandoned, with most locals scared to enter the 80 acre facility.